Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Recipies for Moms on the go!

Just like many of you, I am a working mom too. There is so much to do in a day, work, e-mail, blogs, kids, homework, calls..... my list never ends. But no matter how busy or hectic my day is, I want my family to sit down together and eat dinner at home.

I am the only cook in the family so I am in charge of dinners. This can be a little difficult with my work schedule and a picky 7 year old. I have developed some easy, I mean really easy, and delicious recipes that take minutes and kids (most kids) will enjoy.

First thing first, get a crock pot. This is the single best kitchen appliance ever invented. Not only is it so easy to use and takes almost no effort to cook, when you walk into your house from a hard day of work and you smell your dinner simmering in the crock pot, it feels like someone is taking care of you. I love my crock pot. Here is the first of many recipes, I hope you enjoy!

I am a good mom because I made chicken soup recipe
1. 1/2 of a chicken, skin off
(I have the butcher cut chicken in half, remove the skin and put in two separate bags and I freeze it. Then all I have to do is dump the chicken in the crock pot and toss the bad. No raw chicken to clean up.) or.... left over chicken from the night before.
2. 10 cups of water

3. chicken bullion (use per instructions)

4. a couple bay leafs

5. a cup of baby carrots (no need to cut them)

6. a few stalks of celery, chopped

7. a dozen new potatoes

8. 1 onion chopped

Directions
Throw everything in the crock pot in the morning and set for slow cook.

Continue with your life and before you get home, pick up a baguette.

Come home, smell this amazing chicken soup and feel like you are a great mom because you do everything you do and you made chicken soup.

Put out bowls and spoons, butter and your baguette.

Enjoy!

No comments: