Saturday, October 10, 2009

Julie Clark, founder of Baby Einstein

I spoke to Julie Clark this week.
Deep breath.
For those of you who don't know Julie Clark, she is the founder of Baby Einstein and one of my personal heroes. After getting off the phone with Julie I was in a state of shock for a few hours. Not only is she an amazing business person and mom entrepreneur but she is totally down to earth and possibly the sweetest person I have ever spoken with.

You might think Julie is my hero because she sold her company to Disney for an undisclosed amount. (I have no idea how much but I think it is fair to say A LOT) That is just the end of her story. She is my hero for three reasons.
  1. Because she believed in herself and continued to work towards her dream even when people said no.
  2. She developed and ran her business with 2 little kids.
  3. She is rich and successful and she is still down to earth, kind and real.
Nothing inspires me more than strong women. Thank you Julie for sharing your story with us an inspiring so many mom entrepreneurs. I am so happy for you.

I will link my article about Julie here as soon as it is up on Entrepreneur.com so you can read about her whole story. You will not want to miss it!

No comments: